What Success Looks Like
What Success Looks Like
Financial Services, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and Steel
SAP, Oracle and PeopleSoft projects to improve performance and efficiency while implementing best practice processes and moving systems to a common platform—Managed Change Management initiatives
- Created Change Management Strategies and detailed Work Plans
- Developed approach and tools for technical and change management risk assessments
- Implemented Change History and Readiness Assessments
- Prepared Communication Strategies and Plans
- Designed Stakeholder Management Strategies and Plans
- Managed multi‑national Teams
- Assessed culture and tailored detailed transition plans to address each client’s unique situation
- Defined Change Impacts of new operating models, as well as accompanying roadmaps, processes, and tools
- Designed and developed project team training and participated on Integration Teams and in End‑to‑End Workshops and role profile activities
- Developed Help Desk Support Strategies and designed post‑implementation services
Results: Provided a path forward and increased readiness for acceptance of change, increased speed and effectiveness of change, minimized loss of productivity during implementation, set clear expectations around new ways of working and what would not change, identified behaviors for leadership and obtaining benefits, and maximized client capability to manage change in the future.
Big Four Firm
Thought Leadership: Organization and Change Strategy, Benefits Realization, SAP integrated offering & ERP partner course, Communications White Paper—Led four projects to develop Organization and Change Strategy methods and tools.
- Served as a leader in the development of the new Organization and Change Strategy offering (post‑merger of two of the then Big 8 firms), participating in the design of the overall model and materials.
- Managed the multi‑national Build Commitment Development Team, creating the content, process and support materials and tools for high‑performance teams, stakeholder management, communications, knowledge and skills transfer and resistance management. Led the firm’s effort to integrate Change Management into the SAP offering. Delivered content and process and managed the involvement of a global team
- Participated in the design and development of the firm’s Benefits Realization offering. Created and wrote the Benefits Ownership section of the Guidebook
- Co‑Managed the development of a global partner‑level course on ERP Change Management. Taught pilot workshops and trained trainers for future offerings
- Led development team and co‑wrote communications white paper titled “Business Case Documentation: Communicating for Commitment.”
Results: The Organization & Change Strategy and SAP integrated models and materials provided a common method and reference for branding this work on projects. It also provided the basis for training new consultants. Forrester Research and Gartner acknowledged the firm for being the first to have a thorough integrated approach to SAP projects. The Benefits Realization Model is an ongoing part of project sales and implementations, even though the firm is now part of another group. The firm's clients better understand the level of effort needed to gain the desired return on their investments. The partner‑level course helped to raise awareness of the importance of Change Management on ERP projects, and of how to scope and price the work. Clients more easily understood the reason for the firm’s integrated approach.